March 5, 2010

broken head and shattered dreams (i mean glass)

Photobucket

oh no. the great and mighty snowglobe has fallen. literally. onto kates bedpost, it shattered instantly. ariel was even decapitated. now this is no ordinary snowglobe. this is a snowglobe from disneyland. a snowglobe we just HAD to have. both girls pleaded on hands and knees that they each NEEDED a snowglobe. so, we caved and bought them each one. here's the funny thing about these snowglobes...they almost caused us to miss our plane ride home. i packed them in my carry on bag, not knowing if they were considered a liquid or not, anyway they weren't 3 oz. so i was not worried. we get all through check in and are going through the bag/person check place when all of a sudden everything comes to a halting stop. the lady picks up my bag and holds it like it has a bomb in it - out from her body and above her head.

bag check lady: did you KNOW that they are two snowglobes in this bag? (giving me the death stare as she says it, the inflection in her voice letting me know it is NOT okay.)

me: yes. is there a problem?

bag check lady: you cannot take snowglobes on the plane. (said like i'm an idiot)

me: oh. i didn't know that. what do i need to do?

bag check lady: you can throw them away or you can pack them in your suitcase and check the suitcase instead of take it as a carry on.

now at this point we have held up the whole line for 15 minutes for these stupid snowglobes and i think to myself, lets just toss the @*** things. but i look at my girls and know that is not an option. so, the bag check lady, still holding the bag above her head and away from her body yells : security! security! we have two snowglobes here. she then proceeds to lead me and my snowglobes through the waiting room and back out the side door. she won't even let me touch them until i am out of the building and away from everything. then i had to go back in, put them in my bag, check the bag - where i have been told to tell the people that i have snowglobes in my bag and that i had had trouble at the gate. so i do, which leads to a series of questions about the snowglobes. by this time i am just laughing. i can't believe that these two snowglobes are this important. well, anyway, i finally got them checked and we all made it onto the plane.

so, i am thinking these girls better take excellent care of their snowglobes, they better shine them daily for all the trouble we went through. and not two months later the first one in broken. AHHHHHHH! the things we go through for our kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment