February 28, 2010

Funeral Moments

Photobucket

the funeral service was beautiful, my favorite part was the violin solo that my sister played. it always amazes me how music can just reach past everything and touch your heart so strongly. it was so fun to see everybody and catch up a little bit. my little kira had a really hard time, she was very emotional through the whole thing. i think that she really understood what was going on, even in her little 6 year old mind. you know, while i miss grandma, i know that she is in a wonderful place meeting with friends and family who went before. i believe that most of the mourning that takes place in my heart is for those of us left behind. for grandpa and me and my kids who won't have her presence in our lives for a time. what a wonderful person she is. i'm grateful that she is my grandma.

No comments:

Post a Comment