February 23, 2010

One Sad, One Glad

One of my favorite blogs is The Lettered Cottage, written by Layla and Kevin Palmer. Layla is such an inspiration, not only when it comes to remodeling your home, but she is just such a positive person that I love to read her posts. Today's was especially nice and so I wanted to share part of it with you.

Photobucket

By Kobi Yamada

I love the line that says "she turned her can'ts into cans and her dreams into plans". Isn't that what life is all about. It makes me want to get up and do something great. Thanks to Layla for sharing that - she was a "day maker" for me:)

On a sad note, my Grandma passed away this morning after a short battle with cancer. She really was doing badly, so it is a blessing to have her go. I have been thinking this morning about her life and about the things she passed on to me. Here are some of them: a love of pink and white circus cookies, drinking orange juice out of little glasses, giving from your heart makes you happy, cheesecake ice cream is delicious, watching the UTES play basketball at the Huntsman Center is one of the best things in the world, dressing up is fun - even if it is a mink scarf with the face still attached, hanging mistletoe at christmastime is tradition, sleepovers in the guest bedroom at grandmas are enchanting, and that family matters most. I always knew she loved me because she was so willing to give anything she had to bring me happiness. She is that way with all of her grand and great-grand children. What a legacy she leaves behind - and although I will miss her, I know we will see her again someday and that brings peace to my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment